Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bordeaux, France - DAY THREE


Today we woke up feeling a little rough. Well, I was OK but there was no way Luke was getting out of bed before noon.... or anytime soon after that....
I left Luke in bed to find myself something to eat. I wandered around, found a joint with a patio where I could eat, smoke and read my book. After an hour and a half or so I headed back to Luke with a couple of hamburgers and a coke hoping that a greasy meal might help him feel better. I dropped them off to him and headed back out to find an internet cafe to update the blog and a nice coffee shop that I could sit in to read for a few hours. I was successful and ended up spending a nice afternoon to myself, which doesn't happen very often.
I went back to the hostel at about 5:00pm and Luke was ready to go out and find something to eat, so we did. We went into an Indian restaurant near the hostel but then ran out once we looked at the menu because there was nothing on it that appealed to us... the REALLY crap thing is that we were the only people in the restaurant and he turned on the music and dimmed the lights and everything but by the time he came back from the kitchen we were long gone. Terrible, I know, but we didn't want to wait for him to come back so that we could tell him that his menu did nothing for us.
From there we ran down the street to get out of eyesight of the gentleman and took a walk, searching for a nice place to eat. We didn't want to end up in the same area that we had been in for the previous 2 days but we ended up there anyway because we just couldn't find a French restaurant where we could understand the menu or afford anything on it. We ended up at a very nice Indian restaurant where we stuffed ourselves fully of chicken with beautiful sauces and rice. Amazing. From there we walked back to the hostel, packed up our stuff and got things ready for the 8:00am bus to London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home