Sunday, September 18, 2005

Barcelona, Spain - DAY ONE


We left Nice in the morning and headed out to Barcelona... we were finally on our way to SPAIN - sandy beaches, new culture... couldn't wait!
We arrived in Barcelona and were dropped at the Busabout drop off point so we walked to our hostel down the street.... IN THE POURING RAIN.... AGAIN. It seems that it rains every time we arrive in a new city. I was wearing flip flops so we decided to stop for a cappuccino and wait it out but that proved to be impossible as it rained for a good half an hour and we knew we had to get going. I found my running shoes, put them on in the cafe and we braved the rain....
The hostel was alright... 6 of us to a room, which isn't too bad. We dropped off our stuff and went to find ourselves something to eat and drink. We walked up and down the streets for a while but couldn't find much that appealed to us so we ended up stopping at an Irish Pub of all places where we had a chicken wrap and chips for dinner. I enjoyed my FIRST sangria... YUM and Luke had a beer. We noticed on the wall that if you drink 3 half litre sangrias you were given a hat so I made it my mission to win one for Luke... and I did as you will see from the photo! We ended up staying at this Irish Pub for a few hours as there was a football/soccer game on and the atmosphere in the bar was great. Once the game was over we headed down the street to find somewhere else to have a drink..... and we ended up at ANOTHER Irish Pub... they're EVERYWHERE.... After another sangria I was ready to hit the sack.... 4 half litre sangrias..... that's one heck of a lot of sangria!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home