Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Luke!







Well, I am now 28 and still don't feel old, or mature...It's a good thing!
But my wife now calls me the creepy old man...hahah

The plan for my actual birthday (Saturday) was to have a nice dinner at home and then go out. I wanted and have been craving Indian food so we were doing that for dinner but we'll get to that later.

1st...Friday was my last day at MBNA...this time for good! It felt great! Mind you I enjoyed MBNA Ireland way more then MBNA Canada. But that is done and over with, right now I am sitting at my new desk in my new job (still not sure what it is that I do) and typing this. So Friday was a good day to celebrate.

During the week the guys (band) figured it would be nice to go out and help me celebrate my birthday... I thought it was a good idea as well, plus we finished our 1st 3 song demo, so another excuse to celebrate.

We decied to meet up at the Stags Head, one of my favorite pubs, and go from there for dinner and then continue to party.

We all started to assemble at the Stags Head between 730pm and 830pm. The lads brought their girlfriends as well, so there was a good crowd...and they are all really nice as well. Anyways, Jess and I showed up 1st followed by Darragh(singer/guitarist) and Mary, then Mark (drums, vocals) showed up (his girlfriend met us bit later at dinner - Clare) then Slev (bass) and Anna showed up last.

After 3 or so pints Slev ran over to the Cafe Deli Bar inside the Bewley's on Grafton Street and made us reservations for dinner. The Cafe Deli Bar ended up being really nice with good food for a decent price and we had our own little "room".

After diner we went to a couple of pubs and the night for Jess and I ended around 3am. I think Mark and Darragh kept at it, like the Irish do.

Over all a great night, good company. We had some laughs and good conversation getting to know eachother a little more.

On Saturday we woke up in good form but damn hungry. We went across the street to our local butcher and got sausages, black pudding, rashers and chicken breasts. Breakfast was great, eggs and fresh meat from the butcher. (No we didn't eat the chicken for breakfast!)

We then walked to the Temple Bar Saturday Food Market to get Samosas and some homemade Chutney. Then we walked around downtown enjoying a nice sunny day. After some other small shopping we went back home.

Recently we joined Busy Bee DVD (You rent movies on the internet and they mail them to you... it's great) so we started watching our 2 movies.

The original Saturday plan was to go out to the Irish party, but we just felt like staying in and having some drinks and nice dinner together alone watching movies etc.
And that's what happened.

Jess made an awesome baked curry chicken with Samosa's for appetizers.

I was very happy and satisfied with my little Birthday Weekend.

P.S. Jess also got me a Playsation 2 and NHL 2006 for my birthday... cause I've been bugging her for a while. Thanks baby! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home