Sunday, December 04, 2005

December 6, 2005










Well, you had a chance to read about Luke's weekend in Poland (Our first time being apart since, well, a heck of a long time....). I was left alone in our lonely apartment for a lonely weekend. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I came home on Friday night and took it easy watching t.v. and eating take-out because I had to work the following day (Yes, I had to go into work on a Saturday!). I figured I might as well go to bed early so that I would get up early enough to eat and have a cup of coffee before grabbing the DART to work. Work went fine.... I was only supposed to be there for an hour but was there for a couple but that's fine because I didn't have to stay all day like a couple of other people did..... After work I headed back into Dublin where I went grocery shopping, went back to the flat, ate lunch, and then I hit the shopping district. I bought myself some VERY nice things. After shopping I went home, relaxed, ate, and then left to meet Sarah for a drink and a movie (Don't bother seeing In Her Shoes if you were thinking about it.... it sucks). We bought our tickets - here you have to choose where you want to sit and you are given a row and seat #. Very strange. Then we went down the street for a Guinness. Stayed out until about 1:30 and then headed home. Sunday I quickly cleaned up before Luke came. For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm a very messy person when I am on my own. The only reason I pick up after myself is because if I don't I drive Luke crazy! I slept in until about noon so I couldn't meet Luke at the airport like planned. As I mentioned, I tidied up and waited for his return.
When Luke got home I immediately tore open my suitcase and had a dig through. There was so much stuff I had forgotten about. It was like Christmas!

It is now December 6th.... a week and a half have gone by since Luke went to Poland. Last week we did the same old shit.... work, dinner, pub every now and then. Pretty regular.

This past weekend was fun. Luke and I stayed in on Friday night and watched movies and then Saturday we did some grocery shopping, bought a COFFEE MAKER and a TOASTER yay!. That night we met Sean and Aubrey (and Aubrey's brother and sisters) at The Duke off of Grafton Street where we had a couple of pints before we were due to go down to Solace on Wexford Street where a guy Luke knows was DJing. While smoking outside Luke met 2 couples and befriended them. We ended up sitting with them for a pint and then they decided to come with us to Solace to continue the night. We all walked over there and ended up having a ball. Great bunch they were. Luke and I walked home from there (a little over half an hour) and hit the sack as by this time it was about 2:30am. Sunday was rough for Luke... wee bit of a hangover. Who am I kidding... horrible hangover. He lazed around in bed and I watched t.v., tidied and made a big batch of chili. Overall it was a fun, relaxing weekend.

Last week Luke bid in a silent auction for 2 tickets to see the Russian State Ballet perform Swan Lake and...... HE GOT THEM! They are 2 €75 (€150 total) tickets (best seats) and he got them for €25 (€50 total). We are very excited and can't wait until next Thursday!

Yesterday he got tickets to see Stars (a band that both Luke and I like) at a club here in Dublin next Tuesday and we also got.... DIGITAL CABLE. No more fuzzy channels. Finally.

This weekend the plan is to do some more Christmas shopping (We're a little over half done) and a big badass load of groceries as well as pick up some other little things.... hangers, laundry basket, etc, etc.... the stuff we're starting to realize we need to keep ourselves tidy and organized.

I'm looking into joining a gym here. Apparently there is one in our neighborhood. I've convinced Luke to join with me so that we can GET INTO SHAPE before we wake up one day and realize that we're old and fat. I'll let you know how that goes.

Ta.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, you don't wake up one day old and fat, it happens slowly as the mussels and Guinness build up in your body ..

Luke, Can I assume that is a bottle of fine buffalo grass vodka from Poland that I see in your hands?

Can I also assume that it will still be unopened when your dad and I get it at Christmas?

Love ya both,
Dad faulkner

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I'm happy to hear my letter reached you. Can you e-mail some of your wedding photo's? Please!
Love you lot's
Em
emma@beer.com

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!

Guinness is good for you! Well that's what the Irish say.

Yes that bottle is Zubrowka, fine, fine Polish grass vodka. As far as it being un opened...well that might be a little problem. I had to make sure it was good. It's probably been sitting there on the shelf for a while, and we were eating pierogies etc so, what I am trying to say is, I will just have to get you (dad's) a new one!

Plus this one is in leather case, its just ugly and you wouldn't want it. ;)

GO SENS GO!
LUKE

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you're adventures are always fun to read. It gives me an idea of what you guys are doing. I can't wait to see you two and Isa can't wait to talk about things with both of you. See ya soon.

JF
Security!
OH! and Isa

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous about the ballet, good job Luke! Still have not received your elusive letter Jess, I'm hoping it will come before I head home on the 15th. I can't wait to see you. I imagine it will be weird for both of us to be in Ottawa again.
tons of love to you both,
angie
p.s. i handed in my last paper at 5 so I am almost free from my first term as an MA student. All I have left is marking papers from 1st yr. students...should be fun :) did i mention i can't wait to see you??

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the update

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, where is the update. It's part of my week now, I rely on it, I can't live without it...

where is it?

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home